Did you know that Kids are spending an average of 7.5 hours a day in front of a screen, inlcuding TV, computers, video games, cell phones and movies, and only one-third of high school students get the recommended levels of Physical Activity?
In order to grow up to a HealthyWeight, children need (at least) 60 minutes of play everyday.
Childhood Obesity is a real issue and we, as parents, can make a huge different involving our kids into healthier habits by making little changes in our daily basis routine.
These are some of the tips we can implement right away
- Walk to school, it isn’t only an excellent way to have physical activity for both parents and kids but also helps kids to get more active to morning classes.
- By letting your Kid choose an activity that interests her/him, you allow them to be part of the decision and they will stay more interested on it through time.
- Involve the whole Family. Why not go and take an after dinner walk together?
- Encourage your Kids to go out and play with your family #Pet if you have one, instead of staying home playing video games.
- Children are good imitators so if you are active, there is a good chance they are going to be too. Teaching by the example is the best way to involve them in healthier habits, so you should be active as well!